Tuesday, October 7, 2014

MORE FLOWERINGS AND A DISASTER!

I wandered around the garden again on Monday 6th October, taking more shots of what's coming out right now.
On Monday night we had a BIG WIND!! I looked out the window and there was my beautiful Winpara Gem split in two pieces, with two-thirds of it lying on the ground! I guess a gardener learns to accept the inevitable!
I knew it would happen one day but at least it happened when it had given us perhaps the greatest show of flowers it had ever achieved.

We'll leave the remaining bit to finish flowering and then, I guess, it's replacement time.
Here's a small selection of what's now beginning to flower:
Prostrate Acacia - A. maxwillii

Scarlet Banksia - still on its way!

Gevillea rosmarinifolia - Ten years old and just
keeps on flowering.


Hibbertia aspera (round leaf).
CAN be a bit aggressive but lovely.
Close up of the H. aspera flowers.
I'm still waiting for the Scarlet Banksia to really come out and there are still many different things to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment