Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A WANDER THROUGH THE BUSH GARDEN

A shady resting place.
I realised, after I'd posted yesterday, that I'd forgotten my almost favourite place, and that is my "Bush Garden".
It's very tiny, my Bush Garden. It's straggly, unkempt and messy but it's how I like it. It's composed of Australian ground covers, small plants, shrubs, trees and mulch. The paths, such as they are, are sometimes almost enveloped by spreading vegetation - and then I have to do a bit of cutting back - and most of the mulch has now come from the natural fall of leaves, twigs, bark, etc. from the plantings.
I created it for me and for the small grandchildren. I'm happy to say that the small ones have often enjoyed getting out there and pottering about, either alone or with the occasional grandmother, uncle, or other 'grown up' who feels like joining them.
Here's a link to the Picasa Album: A wander through the Bush Garden
Try putting it on 'Slide Show'.
I hope you enjoy the experience.
Perhaps there'll be another post from me - without waiting another two years!
Till the next one - au revoir!
Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment