Wednesday, July 18, 2012

FILLING IN A GAP OF FIVE MONTHS!

There’s been a terrible lull in this blog for the past four-five months for which I humbly apologise.

Shouldering the blame
The reason for this was the fact that, while rushing around preparing for a very important birthday party in early April, I turned, tripped over the hose and crashed to the verandah, ending up with – disaster! – a broken shoulder. They don’t plaster these things, apparently, it just has to hang off the corner of one’s body in a sling until it gets better. NOT my idea of fun at all. I found it very painful, misery-making and energy draining, which meant that sitting in front of a computer, typing with one hand just wasn’t on my agenda for some time.

Back to work at last
Now its mid July and things are improving all round. It’s a good time to wake up, gear up the body and the brain, and re-connect with the blogosphere. Being the middle of winter, with a bit of luck the weather can only get warmer and spirits will rise with the temperature. My garden, being (almost) all Australian, is already showing signs of waking up with many winter flowers and signs of the beginning of spring.

Digital Cameras - bit of a problem.
I still managed to take a few photographs of each month although it’s a VERY difficult operation with only the left hand working. NOTE: Take a look at a digital camera and it will become clear that they’re designed to be used ONLY with the right hand. On the suggestion of a big grandson, I resorted to holding in the left hand and using it upside down so that my hand wasn’t covering the screen or the viewfinder. I then had to vertically flip the pictures 180 degrees on the computer, which worked - sort of. It was a great improvement when the right arm became strong enough to take over again.
That's my shadow, with right arm in a sling and camera in left hand.
A catch-up
So I’ll now do a quick (and brief) catch-up. To keep the blog in chronological order, you can go down to the March entry and work your way up to July.

1 comment:

  1. What an awful predicament for you. I'm glad you're back in the saddle (or should I say garden) again. I find it very therapeutic too!

    ReplyDelete