Saturday, September 20, 2014

TWO YEARS - AND MORE - SINCE POSTING!

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?
No excuses - just, here I am again!
Other activities have taken over my life and I haven't felt the need to keep this blog up-to-date.
The original point of this Blogging exercise was to create the Australian Native Garden (practically done!) and keep myself and any other interested persons up to date with what's flowering when, what's flourishing and what's dying!
And one of the major aims in creating this native garden was to make it as maintenance-free as possible and THAT, I'm happy to say, has been largely achieved which is, I guess, why the lack of blogging activity. there's just enough maintenance needed for a happy gardener to potter around at a gentle pace without too much stress.
WHY AM I BACK? 
Because this spring, the garden is looking so lovely and flowering with such gay abandon that I want to share it with my family and with any other interested people who drop in - and this is the easiest way to do it.
I'll post a few pics here and then link to Picasa for a bigger selection.
Hardenbergia "Regent" - VERY dark purple. Gorgeous!

Banksia blechnifolia -planted Nov. 2010 and FIRST flowering.
This picture should be turned anti-clockwise but I don't seem
to be able to do it!

Chorizema cordatum - planted July 2013 - a great success!

Here's the link to the Picasa Album with all the extra photos:
Picasa Album for July and September, 2014.
Just click on the above and it will take you there.
It's been a voyage of discovery, remembering how all these posts work but now it's done!
Who knows when I'll be back again? I certainly don't.
Meanwhile, enjoy!
Happy gardening - and enjoy other people gardens, too!
Gillian the Gardener.



No comments:

Post a Comment